I could not be more excited about the 23rd pick of this year's draft.  Evan Ingram from Ole Miss was taken by the New York Giants.    I hope most of you are familiar with The Grove in Oxford and all the tailgating that takes place there.  I am one of the founding members or the Lauderdale Rebel Club tailgate crew.  Evans parents (Michelle and Derrick) became members of our group during his  freshman year and they have been tailgating with us at every home game for the last four years.  Both of them made a pretty emotional speech at our tent right before our last game this year.  I am so glad that they became a part of our tailgate family.   Evan is an outstanding young man who is waaaay more impressive as a person off the field than he is as a football player. (and he is good enough on the field to be a first round draft choice)  His parents are top notch people and they raised him right.  No character issues in this family in any way.   I am proud for all of them. 

To make it even sweeter for me personally, Eazy E went to the Giants.  I am a Saints fan thru and thru but the Giants were my NFL team for several years before the Saints became a team in 67. Even though they dropped to second place in my heart, I never quit pulling for them.  That love of the Giants got kicked up a few notches when they got Eli Manning running the offense.  I have shopped many times at Eli's grandaddy's general store.  So, all in all, it was a dream come true for a young man that I really like and admire (especially his personality and humble ways) to go in the first round to my second favorite team in the league.